Friday 6th March saw the first meeting of our EDGe practitioners group in 2009. 24 graduates from sfwork‘s various trainings over the years gathered in Cheltenham to update, share experiences and work on challenges together. During the morning sfwork co-director Mark McKergow outlined his latest thinking on leadership – developing the metaphor of Leader as Host and Host as Leader with four new balances for hosts/leaders to be aware of.
The afternoon was given over to addressing issues and challenged brought by the participants. This opportunity to keep working and developing on using SF is a key benefit of the SF Professional course. Topics raised and discussed this time included:
- Working with a large group (over 50-100 people) in an SF way
- Working with people affected by the recession
- Action learning sets and how to facilitate them using a variety of SF processes
- How to defend time for reflection in the ‘blizzard’ of everyday busy-ness
- What content to include in ‘advanced’ SF trainings/workshops
- How to run focus groups using SF
The next EDGe meeting is combined with our LIVE consulting day on 19th June 2009 in Cheltenham. We’ll be working with live clients and anyone can come, watch, learn and even join in. More details at http://www.sfwork.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=420.
You can join the EDGe group by taking our SF Professional course – three modules of project-based learning and inspiration. The next one starts 31 March – 1 April 2009 at Missenden Abbey. More details at http://www.sfwork.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=440.