Antoinette Oglethorpe, sfwork’s conflict management expert, is running a one-day workshop is designed to introduce managers, HR professionals, consultants and coaches to the PARTNER model – a collaborative, solution-focused approach that helps individuals resolve conflicts through communication and dialogue rather than relying on formal process and procedure.
The event will be held on Tuesday 19 January 2010 at the Midland Hotel, Bradford, and the investment for the day is a very reasonable £175.
By the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Have the confidence to tackle conflict between individuals constructively
- Hold and facilitate discussions that help resolve the immediate conflict while strengthening the overall relationship between the individuals
- Use the PARTNER model to help them prepare for and engage in those discussions
The workshop will include sessions such as:
- Resolving Conflict in the Workplace – The Big Picture. What do we mean by conflict? Why is it important? What is your role as a manager or as an HR professional?
- A new view of conflict – introducing a solutions-focussed approach to resolving conflict in the workplace
- The PARTNER model
- “Before the Discussion” (PAR) – one to one discussions with the individuals in conflict
- “During the Discussion” (TNE) – Facilitating a discussion between the individuals in conflict
- “Reaching Agreement” (R)
Facilitator on the day will be sfwork’s Antoinette Oglethorpe. For further information and to book a place visit Greg Vinnicombe’s website at http://www.usefulconversations.co.uk/index.php?s=events.